Traffic lights, roads and queues
Reported via mobile in the General Fault category anonymously at 10:04, Wed 2 December 2020
Sent to TfL less than a minute later. TfL ref: FMS2414407.
Traffic light causes alot of problems for the residents on Verdant Lane. Lights timing is completely off allowing only 2/3 cars to take a right turn onto the A205 on Brownhill. Cars from opposite side Hither green Lane takes a left onto the a205 and with the traffic lights on st Mildred's Road it holds the traffic up therefore resulting a massive queue on Verdant Lane which is neither a A or B road.
Big HGVs also entering left onto Verdant Lane flying over the partial speed bump in the road makes everybody's house shake.
1) Re do the timing of the traffic lights for cars which takes a right turn onto the A205 from Verdant Lane.
2) Re do the timing for the st Mildred's road so that cars don't cause traffic build up on verdant lane and brown Hill equals less build up
3) re do speed awareness signs BOTH sides on Verdant Lane to 20mph, currently at one side 30mph one side 20mph ???? No idea why! Its a SCHOOL ROAD!!
4) RE lay speed bumps as a whole speed bump rather then the separated ones so that cars can stop speeding down causing accidents to pedestrians especially school times. Or fail that install ANPR enforcement.
5) NO HGVs entering left onto Verdant Lane especially since there's no controlled parking so all cars park on the pavement hence making the walk way smaller!
6) I'm a nobody to TFL but a resident here on Verdant Lane for the last 20 years and I really want to see help from TFL since its a red route. Please help and consider my solutions here as I know it will benefit everybody here on Verdant Lane. Please Listen.
Your report has been investigated by our team and unfortunately it cannot be resolved through Street Care. Please contact our customer services team on 0343 222 1234 or by using this web form https://tfl.gov.uk/ help-and-contact/ contact-us-about-streets-and-other-road-issues who will be able to help you with this query
State changed to: Internal referral
Posted by TfL at 10:31, Thu 17 December 2020
Provide an update